Monday, February 18, 2008

sheleg sheleg al ha col




Ulpan ends on Thursday, classes start next Monday, hooray! We were supposed to go on an archaeological tour today with class but for some reason it didn't work out which was quite the bummer. Oh well. i got myself a pair of Naot today- I've been wearing them for the past several years of my life and they are so comfy. They're kind of like Israeli Birkenstocks and last for quite a while and are of course cheaper here then back in the USA. I got them on an adventure to the mall with my friend Leah from ulpan and it started snowing/raining/ish on our way back. Tomorrow, therefore, will be a snow day. Nothing as extreme as in Canada where I learned that sometimes the army is called in to shovel snow (thanks Seth) but the whole city kind of shuts down because Jerusalem doesn't know with itself in any kind of "extreme" weather (even if "extreme" involves like an inch of snow).

Events of last week...hmm. I went to Aryeh's army- unit-end-of-a-certain-time-period-that-i-don't-know-the-name-of party in Rishon Letzion which was a bit disastrous because apparently Israeli men cannot hold their liquor very well. Let's just say "gross" and leave it at that. But at least Aurora and I got really good gelato. That tends to make things better. Then on Saturday I got to spend quality time with my Israeli cousins at Modi'in. It was my cousin Noey's birthday party so the whole extended fam was there and we ate lots of delicious barbecue and other delights and I chatted with my awesome cousin Gershon and his sons Avidan, Omri and Uri. Gershon lives on a kibbutz so I plan on visiting him there sometime and my cousins from Tel Aviv also nicely invited me to spend a weekend sometime with them. Also I got to play the keyboard with some of our friends which was a good time.

pictured below: my new naot








No comments: