Friday, February 22, 2008

kefi kefi

Shalom, and also salaam, after returning from the picturesque Arab village of Abu Ghosh 20 minutes outside of Jerusalem. Our friends Shavit, Gozlan and Haim picked up Aurora and I and we drove to a hummus joint called Abu Daoud where we reclined on cushions like kings of old and feasted on tea, coffee, pita, hummus, khabiyyah, and a hookah full of apple nargilah. We also checked out this cool baklava and halvah bakery. Last night, Aurora, Ilai and I baked an amazing pie. We're not sure how or when, but it was baked, and it was good, (in the words of Aurora: "Vayehi pie, tov me'od"), and we watched Across the Universe which we loved. Tomorrow we are going to do a walk in the Old City, probably the Armenian Quarter. I hope we see lots of monks.

Thursday was my last day of ulpan and we had a small party and a high school marching band came and played. My classes start on Monday. And, exciting news, next week I am going to Jordan-- to see the city of Petra for the day! (and also spend a bit of time down in Eilat. ) Adventures will be had, I'm sure.

No comments: