Tuesday, October 30, 2007

minuly tyden

some excerpts from my life as of late:

I saw the most intense Czech film ever, Skritek. Elves, a slaughterhouse, marijuana plants, nosy neighbors, a supermarket and absolutely no dialogue. Crazy and sad but amazing. Go see it.

I went to a Halloween party given by the Danhelovis' family friends, who have an American father. They set up a haunted path in the woods and at the end of the path there was a graveyard where they hid candy for the kids to find.

I found out that I am now at the Czech speaking level of a 2 year old, so my host cousin Emma and I understood each other perfectly. She also taught me some words for colors.

What is Central Europe? I may never know.

I ate french toast at Kava Kava Kava, one of the few places in the Czech Republic that serves peanut butter and maple syrup.

My host mother bought me an avocado. Isn't that just the sweetest thing?

I like discussing American elections and campaigns with all my Czech acquaintances.

I am going to Germany, specifically Dresden, in 2 weeks. Needless to say, I am excited.

I am studying the Vietnamese immigrant community in the CZ for my study project. I!ll keep you posted.

No comments: