Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Some thoughts

-Palacinky are thin Czech crepes filled with cottage cheese and marmalade. They are rich and sweet without being overly sweet, and I like them, a whole lot.

-My host brother and sister, Annicka and Ondrej and I, made felt pillows and filled with them with hops (chmel) and sewed them up on a Communist-era machine.

-Last night our group saw a theater/dance piece performed by a Slovak group inside a dance club called the Roxy. It involved a trumpet, drums, a suitcase, singing, shouting, and contact improv.

-Today we watched a movie about a Czech work camp.

-The most popular names in Czech seem to be Jiri, Vladimir, Jana, Hana, Jaromir and Lida. In Czech, I'm "Noemi".

-The sun came out today, and on Friday we're journeying to an organic farm and seeing "The Little Prince" performed in Czech.

-I have a phone number. Ask me about it.

1 comment:

Eric G. said...

Look at you, drinking in so much culture. I have complete confidence you're going take advantage of this trip to the fullest, the way these entries are going so far. Right on.